I’m anticipating a lot of questions about why I’m choosing to compete in the Fitness Universe competition this upcoming June. I thought I would just beat ya to it and type out the answers to some of the most common questions.
- Are you trying to lose weight? No. Not at all. I’ve really gotten off track with my workouts lately, and I truly just want a reason to keep myself accountable for exercising and taking care of my body. Yes, I want to clean up my diet, and if some pounds drop in the process so be it. I have gained a few pounds recently, and I want to feel comfortable in my clothes again!
- How did you find out about the competition? Through Karena and Katrina at www.toneitup.com! You’ve probably heard me preach about them before, and I’ll keep doing it. I just adore those two girls.
- How will you fit this into your schedule? Great question. I have no idea! But I am determined to make it work. Now that I’ve put it out there, it’s too late to back down now! Some steps I’m going to take are to wake up a half hour earlier each morning (5:30 am), complete strength training routines at home while watching my nightly TV shows whenever possible, meal prep on the weekends to avoid breakdowns during the week, and track my progress via the TIU app.
- How far away is the competition? 121 days (June 27, 2013).
- Is your blog going to turn into a strict recap of your training? No way! I’m going to be posting a weekly schedule of workouts and nutrition tips each Sunday in case anyone wants to follow along with me, but other than that everything will be running as it always has
- Is this a bodybuilding competition? Not at all. The goal is to be confident and fit in a bikini. That’s it. The bodybuilding competition is something completely separate. I’m going for the long and lean look, haha.
If there’s anything else you can think of, please leave it in the comments below! I’ve been getting some really awesome support from this community, and I am extremely grateful for that. You guys rock.
On a side note, who watched The Bachelor last night?! Holy crap! Ashlee was piiiiiiiiissed. I’m going for Lindsay now. Thoughts?