Happy Monday lovelies! My posts have been all over the place lately, because I haven’t really felt like talking about a lot of things, but I’m ready to talk now and catch you up with what’s been going on in my crazy mind. Bear with me here.
- I am working with a wonderful group of 5 ladies in a fitness challenge group. We’re working together to get our bodies ready for summer, develop a new healthy lifestyle, and make some good food choices. I just adore them, and it makes me so happy day after day to hear about their progress and do what I can to help them along the way. It helps me, too, to stay accountable! Even though I might not have all the answers all the time, it’s nice to use my knowledge and experience to help other girls love their bodies and themselves.
- I am cutting down my nannying hours and focusing more on my personal training career. I am really lucky to have played trial-and-error with all the jobs under the sun and found what I love to do so soon. I love children and I love fitness. If I can build up my fitness career over the next few years, I will be able to train on my own time, make my own schedule, and love life. Making your own schedule is the best. I highly recommend you get a job where you can do this if possible I want to open up a fitness studio that includes child-care so moms can come and bring the kids with no problem. First though, I need money.
- I am still working really hard to try to get a job with Ellen! I e-mail her every day and have been making a bunch of random YouTube videos saying why I should move to California and do it. But now after going up north for the week, I honestly can’t decide if I should move up north to the country (which would probably be great for me) or to Los Angeles to have my dream career. I guess for now I have to just keep my options open and cross that bridge when the opportunity comes up. All I know is that I want to move away from where I am currently living. I need a big change.
- I am so super pumped for all my summer TV shows to start up. Is that lame? Yeah. Oh well; I accept that. So You Think You Can Dance, The Bachelorette, and Pretty Little Liars all start up within the next couple of weeks. I smile just thinking about it. It’s the little things.
- I would give just about anything to go back to college lately. I complained about it so much while I was there, but thinking back on it, I had the best time of my life. I really regret not taking some of the opportunities I had and wish I could go back and make different choices. I am not one to listen to slow music; typically I am a pop or upbeat country kinda girl, but I am all about the stuff that makes you think lately. Why? I have no idea. But if I could rewind my life 2 years and really think about the long-term consequences of my actions, I think I would have made some different decisions. Actually, I know it. So for any of you who are in college, live it up and enjoy every minute. The real world sucks at first.
- Ever since before I went up north, I have been craving my workouts like crazy. I go nuts if I don’t exercise, but that can be from 10 minutes to 2 hours. I just like to get my body moving and am starting to realize that when I do a ton of different exercises it keeps me from getting bored and keeps me motivated. Lately I really like long walks with my mom in the morning and yoga before bed at night. I also have been doing a lot of Tone It Up strength-training and incline runs. Then I like to throw DVD’s in there once in a while. I am all over the place.
- I ordered my first ever Pressed Juicery cleanse! I will be starting it on Thursday and doing a full review of just about every little detail I can think of. I understand that there are mixed reviews on juice cleanses, but I have always wanted to try one, so why the hell not? I am so excited to see what all the buzz is about. Maybe I will like it, maybe not. I want to know for myself though instead of hearing opinions from others. I tried my first juice from Pressed Juicery when I was in Los Angeles and loved it, so I’m sure the juices won’t be an issue for me. It will be not being able to have wine You think I’m kidding, but I’m not. I gotta stop my bad habits!
- I actually have plans this week with a lot of friends, and I am really excited! I am starting to put myself out there again and do what I want and not really care/think about what others say. I’m over doing what I am supposed to do. I am just freaking over it. People can judge me all they want, but I’ve always been the type of person that just wants to be happy with myself. It doesn’t necessarily matter to me what other people think of me. I feel like as long as you love yourself and treat yourself well, you’re doing something right. Or as Jillian Michaels says, “As long as you’re not a total dick, you’re doing pretty good in life.”
- My sisters and I bought tickets to go see the Jonas Brothers in July. Score. Now if anyone wants to take me to see Justin Timberlake, my summer would be set. Speaking of summer, I really miss summer breaks like they were in high school. It was actually a break! Now summer is just another time when you have beautiful weather, but have to go to work anyway. Cool.
Whew. That was a lot. Sorry! Hopefully you are all doing fantastic. Start this week out on the right foot.
“Tough times are like physical exercise. You may not like it while you are doing it, but tomorrow you will be stronger because of it.”